Looking south along Hilliard Rd. from Indianola Dr. Hilliard runs west-southwest through western Lakewood from the intersection of Warren Rd., Franklin Blvd., and Hilliard in central Lakewood. The road is named for Richard Hilliard who came to the Western Reserve in 1820. Starting in the wholesale dry goods and grocery business, Hilliard expanded his interests to land speculation. Among his purchases was 100 acres in the area of Hilliard Rd. and Madison Ave. There is no record of Hilliard ever living in Lakewood the street was named in his honor.