View of Columbus Avenue facing southeast, ca. 1883. Sandusky High School is at the left of the image, with the Academy buiding (used as county courthouse, ca. 1838-1874) at the center of the image. Emmanuel Church is to the immediate right of the Academy building, and the original Congregational Church is at the extreme right, on the west side of Columbus Avenue.