This is a view of the north facade of the Orange Avenue Freight Terminal, which was built in 1918 for the New York Central Railroad. The freight terminal was located at the current site of the United States Post Office on Orange Avenue. Orange Avenue is on the left and East 15th Street on the right. The freight terminal was built at this location to bring railroad traffic into the city by a southern (Short Line) route and relieve railroad congestion on the lakefront. The photograph was taken using a Cirkut Camera No. 8.